- Students who have applied for College Credit Plus classes need to see Mrs. Emnett by the end of the school day on Wednesday, April 11th.
- Any 10th grade student interested in Nursing Camp at Southern Ohio Medical Center, please let Mrs. Emnett know by the end of the school day of Thursday, April 12th.
- AAA will be holding its evening Teen Driver Education Classes at the AAA Office in Portsmouth starting: May 1st at 4p. Flyers are available on the student information board outside the office entrance.
- The last day to purchase prom tickets is Friday, April 13th. The cost is $60 per ticket.
- Just a reminder that the mobile dentist will be here on Wednesday, April 25th and Thursday, April 26th. Forms are available in the office.
- HS Baseball and Softball are at home tonight against South Webster. First pitch is at 5p.
TRACK & FIELD
On Friday, April 6th, the high school team competed at Chesapeake with the following results:
- Tori Ratliff placed in the 100m hurdles, the 200m dash and brought home the 2nd place medal in the 300m hurdles.
- Peytan Gaffney ran her personal best in both the 800m and the 2-mile.
- Logan Jones set her personal best in both the discus and the shot put.
- Troy Otworth set his personal best in both the 110m high hurdles and the 300m hurdles.
- Ethan Huffman set his personal best in the 200m dash.
- James Laber set his personal best in both the shot put and the discus.
- Baley Derifield set his personal best in the 2-mile with a 5th place finish.
- Zach Huffman ribboned in all 4 of his events with new personal bests in the 110m high hurdles, the long jump and the 200m dash.
The middle school team traveled to Oak Hill and competed on Monday, April 9th and and with no track of their own and wind-chill temperatures in the low 30's; the Green Middle School Track and Field team accomplished a feat yesterday that has not happened in Green Middle or High School this century, they won 1st place!
Here are the results for the middle school girls that lead to an amazing victory:
- Katelinn Satterfield finished 2nd and Mika Duckett finished 4th in the 100m hurdles.
- Hailey Peterman came in 2nd in the 1-mile.
- In the 400m, Lori Brown came in 2nd place.
- The 200m hurdles saw Satterfield and Duckett come in 1st and 2nd, respectively.
- Peterman came in 2nd in the 800m run.
- Brown came in 2nd in the 200m dash.
- Green swept the discus event with Kelsie Binion coming in 1st place, Emilee Ramey in 2nd place and Elizabeth Bailey came in 3rd.
- In the shot put Ramey took 1st place with Binion taking 2nd while Bailey came in 3rd place.
- As for the girl’s long jump Brown took home 1st place and Satterfield placed 2nd.
The Boy’s Middle School Oak Hill Track Meet was won by the Green Middle School with ONLY THREE young men!!
- Levi Blevins took 3rd place with Lethan Poe on his heels finishing 4th in the 100m dash.
- In the 400m dash Kaleb LaFollette took the 1st place finish.
- In the 200m dash, LaFollette again finished 1st, a full 2-seconds ahead of his nearest competitor.
- As for the boy’s middle school long jump, 1st and 2nd places were taken by LaFollette and Blevins, respectively.
- There was no defeating the amazing left-handed throws of Lethan Poe who took 1st place in both the discus and shot put.
Let’s give these stellar athletes a thunderous Bobcat ovation for a job well done! We ARE the Bobcats!
The high school track and field teams travel to the West Union Invitational tonight.