- Congratulations to this year’s 2018 Basketball homecoming court. Queen LeeAnna Hale, Jr. Attendant Katie Porter, Sophomore Attendant Mady Blanton and Freshman Attendant Lakyra Taylor. Homecoming is Friday, Jan. 26th against the East Tartans.
Ohio University Southern
Just as a reminder, students must be admitted to Ohio University Southern to be considered for scholarships. This means a student needs to have completed a Freshman Application and submitted an unofficial transcript by January 16th. Students that have participated in the CCP program would still need to complete this process.
Here are the College Credit Plus deadlines for Shawnee and Ohio University.
- Fill out the Shawnee State College Credit Plus application packet (PDF) and mail it along with your high school transcript for (6-8 grade students send your grade report) by April 13 to: CCP Advisor, Student Success Center, 940 Second St., Portsmouth, OH 45662
All application materials, including grade reports or high school transcript and standardized test scores, if applicable, must submitted electronically or postmarked by the following dates:
- Summer Semester (session II only) - April 1
- Fall Semester - May 1
- Spring Semester - November 1
More Information from Shawnee State University
- Great News! We are still awarding scholarships! We will award a second round of merit based aid. Students that are still interested (I know that some of your senior classes have all applied, and I thank you!) should complete their application, submit ACT/SAT scores, and transcripts by Feb 1st to be considered.
- Students that have a merit based scholarship award now should accept them by January 15th! Any students that received an award should accept it by January 15th in their MySSU. Accepting their award earmarks the money for that student. If they decide to attend another school later, this does not commit them to SSU! However, if there is any possibility they could attend SSU, please encourage them to accept!
- Orientation registration begins January 15th! Students that are planning to attend can go ahead and pick their Orientation day in MySSU and submit their Orientation Fee. If they want more classes to choose from-the earlier June dates are best!
- Students applying for our selective programs (Dental Hygiene, Nursing, PTA, OTA, Respiratory Therapy, Radiology, and Medical Lab Tech) should start working on their applications and be sure to submit them by their department deadline with their one-time $30.00 Health Science application Fee. Be sure they review the individual deadlines for their programs. If they need help with their application they can contact Admissions or Bobbi Massie (Health Science Admissions Specialist) at 740-351-3209 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students that are required to do the Bridge program can register in their MySSU. Spaces are starting to fill up! If they are planning to take a placement test to appeal their Bridge requirement, they can contact me for help on how to do that!
- Our last Shawnee Showcase Day of the Year is Saturday, February 24th! Juniors and Seniors are welcome to attend!
Wright State Business Camp
There will be a 5-day summer business Camp at Wright State University. Space is limited. You must apply by March 24, 2018. For more details, please see Mrs. Emnett.
Wright State Residential Camps and Institutes
Wright State will host summer various summer pre-college programs. Please see Mrs. Emnett for more details.
Shadow an Engineer
The Ohio Department of Transportation will host a Shadow an Engineer event to expose interested juniors and seniors to future job opportunities in the field of engineering. Applications must be signed and returned to ODOT by February 15, 2018. Please see Mrs. Emnett for details.