Green Local Schools Health and Wellness Update
The health and safety of our students and staff is our primary concern. As we continue to struggle with influenza (Types A and B), strep throat, and a series of stomach “bugs,” we now are faced with a new concern, the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). As of the time of this statement release, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Ohio, Scioto County, or the Green Local School District.
What is the District doing to prepare?
● We have updated our Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) and distributed information to all staff.
● We continue to disinfect regularly with extra attention paid to any classrooms with a cluster of impacted students and common touch points (door knobs, water fountains, handrails, etc.).
● We encourage frequent and thorough handwashing and preventative practices; including, but not limited to: use soap and water for at least 20 seconds; cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue; refrain from touching your eyes, mouth, and nose; stay home when you are sick.
● We will stay current with the Scioto County Health Department, Ohio Department of Health, and the Center for Disease Control regarding up-to-date information and recommendations.
We recommend everyone stay informed through trusted public health sources and encourage preventative practices.
Thank you for your care and partnership
● Scioto County Health Department: https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/odh/find-local-health-districts/scioto-county-health-department
● Ohio Department of Health: https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/odh/home
● Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/