All-Call Update September 9, 2020
Jodi Armstrong, Superintendent
Wednesday, September 09, 2020
- The deadline to request a return-to-school schedule from 100% Online to the 50/50 Hybrid for the 2nd grading period is Friday, September 18. This request must be made through email to either Jessica McIlhenny at the Elementary (Grades K-6) or Erika Riffe at the High School (Grades 7-12). You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of their receipt of your request. Jessica McIlhenny: firstname.lastname@example.org. Erika Riffe: email@example.com
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer in-person support to students or families after school hours. If your child is having difficulty with school work, and you are not able to contact the Online Hotline during the day, you may want to consider returning to school on the 50/50 schedule. Otherwise, you will need to leave a message on the Online Hotline or email your child’s teacher through Google Classroom. Online Hotline Information: Elementary (Grades K-6): Contact Brenda Washburn at 740-259-6926 from 8:30 AM–11:20 AM. High School (Grades 7-12): Contact Michelle Singleton at 740-259-6925 from 9:00-10:00 AM or 12:00-2:15 PM
- There seems to be a miscommunication regarding paper-based packets. We do not offer 100% paper-based packets as a scheduling option. Students must either attend on-site or logon each day for instructional access and attendance purposes. We are still required to report attendance. Students’ daily login and timely completion of assignments provides that attendance information.
- For students with jobs, we respect your work effort; however, having a job does not excuse you from your school duties. School is a priority, and ignoring those responsibilities can impact your credits and ability to graduate on-time, so please logon daily and complete assignments on time.
- For Grades 9-12: Sign-up sheets for homecoming attendants are now on Mrs. Christi’s Google Classroom teacher page. Voting will take place Friday morning through Google Forms. Protocols are in-place to ensure confidential and 1-time voting.
- Please provide at-least 24-hour notice when requesting a change from parent pick-up/drop-off to bus transportation. This allows us the necessary time to ensure social distancing on the buses.
- Mid-term progress reports will be mailed home to your Final Forms address as follows: High School (Grades 7-12): Friday, September 11. Elementary (Grades K-6): Friday, September 18